Activity 1.

Do this before the class. Watch the video.

Activity 2.

Oral Reading. Practice the script with your teacher.

LORELAI: ... the club, my parents. I ran from it as soon as I could. It just -- it never occurred to me that she might want it. It occurred to my mother though. God, I hate that she was right.

SOOKIE: You don't know that she -- ooh! Oh my God!

(Sookie spots something across the street. Without looking to see if any cars are coming she crosses the street, causing a guy to fall off his bike to avoid hitting her.)

BIKE GUY: Hey, watch it!

LORELAI: Oh! Aah! (to Bike Guy) Are you OK? OK.

(Lorelai looks both ways before crossing the street to catch up to Sookie.)

SOOKIE: (to strawberries) Look at you! You're beautiful!

LORELAI: I have to be more adult about this. I mean, if the country club life is what she wants, more power to her, right? You know, little white gloves and coming-out parties. That makes some girls happy, right?

SOOKIE: (while admiring the strawberries) Sure, yeah. If they're on Prozac, absolutely.

LORELAI: I just never thought that I'd raise that kind of kid, you know? I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that kind of kid. I just never thought that was Rory. Maybe it's not. I don't know. Am I obsessing? Sookie? Hello? Do I have to put on my strawberry costume to get your full attention?

SOOKIE: No, I'm sorry. You have a strawberry costume?

(Jackson walks by and sees Sookie)

JACKSON: Unbelievable!

SOOKIE: Jackson!

JACKSON: So this is what we've come to? You sneaking around behind my back buying somebody else's strawberries?

SOOKIE: I was desperate!

JACKSON: You disgust me!

SOOKIE: I needed the strawberries!

JACKSON: Well now you have 'em. I hope you're happy together.

SOOKIE: Jackson -- wait!

JACKSON: No!

(Jackson walks away. Sookie follows him.)

SOOKIE: Come on Jackson.

JACKSON: No.

SOOKIE: Jackson, we can talk about it.

JACKSON: No.

SOOKIE: Jackson, get back here!

JACKSON: Get away from me!

Activity 3.

Listening Comprehension. 

A. Talk about the following expressions, what do they mean?

1. LORELAI: I have to be more adult about this. I mean, if the country club life is what she wants, more power to her, right? You know, little white gloves and coming-out parties. That makes some girls happy, right?
2. SOOKIE: Sure, yeah. If they're on Prozac, absolutely.
3. JACKSON: So this is what we've come to? You sneaking around behind my back buying somebody else's strawberries?
4. JACKSON: You disgust me!

B. Answer the following questions:

1. What was Lorelai and Sookie talking?
2. What is Sookie so obsessed with? And how did Jackson react to that?

(There are no discussion topics yet in this forum)