Activity 1.

Do this before the class. Watch the video.

Activity 2.

Oral Reading. Practice the script with your teacher.

LORELAI: No, but -

LUKE: I mean, that's a fancy school.

LORELAI: My clothes were at the cleaners, and I had the fuzzy clock and it didn't purr on time.

LUKE: It didn't purr?

LORELAI: It's fuzzy. It purrs. You know what, never mind. I gotta go. I had a plan, damn it.

LUKE: Me, too. Next time you're getting tea.

[Lorelai leaves]

CUT TO OUTSIDE
[Miss Patty is standing at the doorway of her dance studio. Inside, several little girls are twirling batons]

MISS PATTY: Visualize, ladies. It's a Thanksgiving Day parade. You're standing on Fifth Avenue. There's a hundred beautiful boys marching in place behind you. And there you are. You are out in front with your fabulous legs and your perfect tush. Your baton is on fire and the crowd goes nuts! Okay, cookie time. [sees Lorelai walking by] Lorelai, hi.

LORELAI: Hey, Patty.

MISS PATTY: Isn't today Rory's first day at Chilton?

LORELAI: Oh, yeah, she's there right now. I just got through dropping her off.

MISS PATTY: Is that what you wore?

LORELAI: Oh, look at the time. See ya, Patty.

MISS PATTY: Bye.

[Lorelai gets in her Jeep. Miss Patty walks back into the studio.]

MISS PATTY: Oh, ladies, what do I see? Naked girls. No, no, keep those leotards on. This is not Brazil.

CUT TO LORELAI'S HOUSE
[Lorelai pulls into the driveway. She gets out of the car and walks into the house juggling her coffee, her dry cleaning and her coat. The phone is ringing, she searches for the cordless. She finally finds it and falls onto the couch.]

LORELAI: Hello?

EMILY: Lorelai?

LORELAI: Mom.

EMILY: Lorelai, good. I'm going shopping this afternoon and I'd thought I'd pick up a few things for Rory.

LORELAI: Like what?

EMILY: Oh, you know, a couple of extra skirts and tops for school.

LORELAI: Mmkay, I already took care of...

Activity 3.

Listening Comprehension. 

A. Talk about the following expressions, what do they mean?

1. LORELAI: My clothes were at the cleaners, and I had the fuzzy clock and it didn't purr on time.

2. LORELAI: It's fuzzy. It purrs. You know what, never mind. I gotta go. I had a plan, damn it.

3. MISS PATTY: Visualize, ladies. It's a Thanksgiving Day parade. You're standing on Fifth Avenue. There's a hundred beautiful boys marching in place behind you. And there you are. You are out in front with your fabulous legs and your perfect tush. Your baton is on fire and the crowd goes nuts! 

4. EMILY: Lorelai, good. I'm going shopping this afternoon and I'd thought I'd pick up a few things for Rory.

B. Answer the following questions:

1. What does Luke think of Lorelai's outfit?

2. Who saw Lorelai while she's walking? And how did she react on Lorelai's outfit?

3. Who's on the phone and why did she call?

(There are no discussion topics yet in this forum)